The Fight Goes On – with platform deadline June 18
You can help make a difference at the Democratic National Convention by fighting for a progressive platform.
Even if you’re not attending, you can send a message to the Democratic Party that Bernie's message, our message, and our progressive movement must be heard.
Submissions received by June 18 will be considered, so please take action now! You can submit your comments here .
Thanks to Bernie, our progressive values are strongly represented on the DNC Platform Committee. You can help amplify our voices by submitting testimony to the Platform Committee. Here are some of the issues we at the Coalition for Grassroots Progress propose to include:
Fairness for Workers
• Stop the TPP: Any trade agreement must protect workers, consumers and the environment at home and abroad, not multi-national corporations.
• Medicare for All: Health care must be recognized as a right, not a privilege. Every woman, child and man in our country should be able to access the health care they need regardless of their income; a healthy society must include each and every one of us.
• Social Security Stability: Eliminate the current income contribution cap of $118,500 and require the general fund repay previously diverted trust-fund monies, making the Social Security Trust solvent for generations to come.
Ballot Box Democracy
• Restore the Voting Rights Act: The VRA was gutted by the Supreme Court and new legislation blocked by Republicans. It is fundamentally important that all Americans be given the opportunity to vote regardless of who they are or where they live.
• Overturn Citizens United: a necessary step toward getting big money out of politics.
Banking and Finance
• Reinstate Glass-Steagall: Too-big-to-fail banks are a systemic threat to our economy, and corrupting influence on democracy.
• Pass a Wall Street Transaction Tax: Given the huge size of financial markets and the enormous volume of daily Wall Street transactions, a small tax could raise significant revenues for social programs.
• Permanently Ban Fracking and Off Shore Oil Drilling: Permanently ban onshore/offshore fracking and offshore oil drilling to protect our water sources and fragile ocean ecosystems. Our food sources, our economy and the lives of generations to come depend on it.
• Israel and Palestine: We believe in human rights for both Palestinians and Israelis, and agree with Bernie Sanders that “the United States and the rest of the world have got to work together to help the Palestinian people; that paves the way to an approach that works in the Middle East.”
Bernie has said, "My campaign is about a political revolution -- millions of people standing up and saying, ‘enough is enough.’”
You can stand up now and show our movement is strong. Submit your platform issues here today. The time to submit comments is running out!
The Coalition for Grassroots Progress is an independent community-based political action committee for progressive change. This work is only possible with your financial support. The best way you can help is to become a recurring, monthly donor. Our dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way; please consider a donation of any amount to CGP today.
Help CGP precinct teams reach voters where and how it counts the most. At the door and by their neighbor.
Bernie Sanders delegates from California’s 2nd Congressional District:
You can also keep up with the Coalition for Grassroots Progress on Facebook.